Friday, February 10, 2012

Birthday Party Layout

Well, it seems I spoke too soon yesterday when I said that the rain had stopped. At 7:00 am, it started back. Just as we were heading to the bus stop. My kids were a bit disappointed that they probably wouldn't have recess today. I guess we'll just have to go to the mall later, so we can get out of the house and burn off some energy. Hey, works for me!

Before I get my walking shoes on, I wanted to share a layout that I have up on the Doodlebug blog today. While the design team waits on the new CHA goodies (Woot! Woot!), we are showcasing our favorites from previous releases. I chose to create a birthday layout with Birthday Celebration, a fun and colorful collection just perfect for some pics of my eleven-year-old.

Birthday Party


My son had his party at the bowling alley, which was a tough place for me to take some good pictures.  The backgrounds were busy, the lighting was terrible, and all those 11 and 12 year olds would not sit still.  Ha!  I did manage to capture a couple of good pics of him with his cake, so I scrapped those.  The rest will go into some divided page protectors.  Yay!!!  Glad to not have all those pics hanging over my head any longer.

I LOVE all the different colors of Doodle Twine that I have, so I decided to put a bunch of it on this layout by way of the birthday balloons.  Too fun!  Oh, and for the "patterned paper" beside my pictures, I used several different Fancy Frills stickers.  I couldn't pick just one, so I just layered them all on there.  More is more, right?  Ha!


More die cuts, more stickers, more balloons, more twine.  Again, more is more, right?  Seriously, though, I just loved all the patterns and colors, so I kept on layering. 


Thanks for popping in today!  Have a good weekend.

10 comments:

Diana Waite said...

totally cute stuff!

MaryAnn N. said...

lovin the bright vivid colours

mustangkayla said...

Super cute and fun layout! I love all the layering and details.

scrappymo! said...

I love htis bright, fun, birthday page!

cashemere said...

Hi super cute, I love the colors you used!
Kisses from Brazil
D├ębora

Michelle said...

Such a fun, bright, cheerful page! The bowling alley is hard to take photos at. Enjoy the mall!!

Diane said...

Bold and bright colors and scrapped to perfection!!!

Kathy Martin said...

Love this page, Aphra! I just made a page with this kit...for Christopher's 10th birthday last year. :)

Tanya Ham said...

OMGoodness!!!! :) I absolutely LOVE this page!! I was just trying to sketch something for a birthday layout ... so I'm going to have to scraplift some of your ideas. LOVE using the frills as a patterned paper - genius!!! :) I'm going to see what I have left of my Cake & Ice Cream collection since it's a girls birthday I need to do. Thank you for the inspiration I needed! ;)

Tanya Ham said...

Aprah, I told you I was going to scraplift this ... and it's on my blog today! :) I put a link to your page, I hope that's OK! :)