Friday, March 30, 2012

Happy Boy

So thankful it's Friday!  It's been a busy week. Lots of work, scrapping, and soccer and no husband to help.  But we made it and now we're looking forward to nine whole days of no work or school.  Woot woot!!!

One of the pages I created this week was up on the Doodlebug blog yesterday.  It features the brand new Boys Only collection.  Oh my stars . . . . it is fabulous!  If you have boys, you need to rush yourself on over to your favorite scrap store and scoop this one up.  Hey wait . . . don't ya wanna to see my page?  Awww, thanks.

Happy Boy


LOVE these bright colors.  And the patterns are pretty awesome too.  Lots of different themes . . . numbers, stars, arrows, gears, stripes, paper clips, skateboards, vintage soda bottles and caps, motorcycles.  Just to name a few.  *snort*


My favorite part of the whole layout are these stars.  Thanks to my Cricut Expression and Cricut Craft Room, they were a cinch to make.  I layered two stars that were about a quarter inch difference in size and then welded them together.  Then, I backed each one with a different pattern from the Boys Only 6 x 6 pad.   And finally, I topped each one with a Boys Only button and some twine.  Then it was just a matter of sprinkling them across the page.  


To add my title, I incorporated the alphabet banner stickers and some more Doodle Twine.  The word "happy" is from the card sentiments set.  LOVE those itty bitty word stickers.  You get six on a sheet in all the different Doodlebug colors.  So versatile!

Alright then, I'm off to work my half day, so I can start Spring Break.  Happy Friday to ya!

2 comments:

L.B. said...

The colors on this are so fun. I will have to check out this set closer.

julandmatt said...

Aw...what a happy page!